Basic Life Support (BLS) is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The BLS course is recommended for anyone in the healthcare profession. This may include: medical assistants, medical doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, nursing assistants, physical therapists, chiropractors and anyone interested in learning the professional level of CPR skills.
The course teaches you how to manage airway and breathing, as well as circulation and bleeding control. It also teaches you how to respond when an adult or child is unresponsive and not breathing or breathing only with help from their mouth or nose. You will learn what to do if someone needs emergency assistance immediately.
The material will include:
- Proper activation of the emergency response system.
- Giving breaths using mouth-to-mouth, mouth-to-mask, and bag valve mask techniques.
- Performing proper compression on adult, child and infant victims.
- Performing one and two rescuer CPR for adult, child and infant victims.
- Learn how to use and operate an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Relieve choking in the responsive, and unresponsive victim of any age.
4 to 6 hours depending on number of the students
Tuition – $80
BLS Booklet – $15
Total – $95